If you've got kids, then there is a good chance that they will want to go see Santa Clause at some point this month. Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities around New York City where your kids can meet and discuss their Christmas wish lists with Santa himself. The following are a few places where you can bring your kids to see Santa throughout New York City:
- Macy's - Macy's Santaland is a Christmas staple in Manhattan and a holiday tradition for many New Yorkers. Stantaland opens up in the Macy's on Herald Square the day after Thanksgiving and runs all the way through Christmas Eve. Meeting Santa is free of charge, but keep in mind that as one of the most popular Santa meeting spots in the city, the lines tend to be quite long. While worth the wait, showing up early is a good idea. Santa's hours coincide with those of Macy's store hours.
- Rock Center Cafe - Make an entire day out of meeting Santa by reserving a Breakfast With Santa spot at the Rock Center Cafe. Breakfast With Santa includes a family-style breakfast along with a personal visit from Santa and his elves, who will provide holiday gifts for the children. Children under the age of 9 will receive commemorative gloves or mittens while adults will be treated to Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Also included is the ability to bypass the long line outside the world famous Rockefeller Center ice rink. Seatings are for 7:15 AM and 9:15 AM and require reservations. The cost begins at $85 for adults and $55 for children.
- ABC Home & Carpet - ABC Home & Carpet have a beautiful set up - not surprising considering their overall elegant antique vibe. This makes their location one of the best for having pictures of your kids snapped with Santa to send out to friends and family. Santa is available on Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM until December 20th. Residents of our Stuyvesant Town community won't have to make much of a trek since the ABC Home & Carpet store is located in the Flatiron district.
- Bloomingdale's - Take the kids over to the Bloomingdale's on the Upper East Side where Santa is taking pictures on the sixth floor, which is where the department store's holiday shops are located. You'll be able to visit Santa from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM until December 23rd.
- Ridge Hill Mall - If you're willing to travel a bit, then head out to Yonkers in order to visit the Ridge Hill Mall. Here, you'll be able to bring your kids to the Dreamplace North Pole Adventure, which is the only of its kind produced by Dreamworks on the east coast. Your kids will not only be able to hang out with Santa, but also with Shrek and his pals. The space consists of a 2,000 square foot cottage with six rooms filled to the brim with interactive LED screens, activities and light shows. The attraction is free, but you will have to pay for pictures with Santa and you'll have to reserve a time slot in advance.
- Brookfield Place - Santa will be on the second floor of Battery Park City's Brookfield Place from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM until December 23rd as well as on Christmas Eve from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
These are just some of the places around New York City where your kids can meet Santa this December. For more information about things to do in New York City, be sure to contact us at our Stuyvesant Town apartment community today.