It's the holiday season in New York City, which means there are a ton of activities and events around the city that you can participate in or check out. The following are a few things happening around town this December that are well worth your time:
- Winter Village - The Bank of America Winter Village is now open at Bryant Park. The big attraction? The 17,000 square foot outdoor ice skating rink. Just be sure to bring your own skates. There are plenty of other things to do at Winter Village as well - the rink is surrounded with kiosks and eateries where you can grab a post-skating snack. Best of all, it doesn't cost a cent to use the ice skating rink.
- Holiday Dinner Cruise - Whether you're looking to take a special someone out for a romantic date or looking to spend a special night out with the whole family, then the Holiday Dinner Cruise could provide the perfect solution. The three-hour dinner cruise provides guests with incredible nighttime views of the city skyline along with a holiday-themed buffet, DJ entertainment and a welcome glass of sparkling wine. There are two more Holiday Dinner Cruises scheduled for December 11th and December 18th from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- Knicks Game - Do you have friends or family in town for the holidays that are avid sports enthusiasts? If so, there are several games scheduled in December that allow you to catch the resurgent New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Check out Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis - the rookie that has all of New York talking - as they take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on December 16th and the Orlando Magic on December 21st.
- Annie - One of the huge advantages of living in New York City is that you have access to all kinds of incredible theater. If you want to take your family to a family-friendly show, then consider buying tickets to the Tony Award-winning production of Annie. This well-known play is running from December 15th through December 27th at the Kings Theatre.
- Winter Solstice Celebration - There are only four shows scheduled of the Winter Solstice Celebration, which will be combining beautiful dance and music in a contemporary take on ancient solstice rituals. You can catch one of the Winter Solstice Celebrations on December 17th, December 18th or December 19th at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
- Santa Suit 5K - It can be difficult to lay off the holiday treats during the month of December, which is why you might want to consider joining a 5K race. There are two Santa Suit 5Ks scheduled for this December. The first will take place in Prospect Park on December 13th at 11:00 AM, the second will take place at Rockaway Beach on December 19th, also at 11:00 AM. Why is it called the Santa Suit 5K? Because everyone will be wearing Santa suits as they race!
- New Year's Eve - New York City is home to one of the most famous New Year's Eve celebrations in the world. Head out to Times Square in order to celebrate the New Year with an estimated million other New Yorkers as you watch the ball drop. The event will include musical performances by some of the biggest acts around the world as well as a stunning pyrotechnic display and much more.
These are some of the December happenings around New York that you should consider checking out. For information about our New York City no fee apartments, be sure to contact us at our Stuyvesant Town apartment community today.