The cold days of winter are beginning to melt away, which means that New Yorkers can look forward to the warmer days of spring. This also means that Easter is right around the corner. Residents that are looking for ways to celebrate Easter Sunday nearby our Stuyvesant Town community will find that they have plenty of options. The following are some of the Easter-themed events taking place around NYC that you should consider checking out:
- Pysanky Ukranian Easter Egg Decoration Workshop - There's a good chance that you grew up painting hard-boiled eggs using pastel colors. If you're a little bored of this tradition, then visit the Ukrainian Museum in the East Village in order to learn how to create gorgeously designed Ukrainian pysanky, a tradition involving egg decoration that predates Christianity. The designs are drawn onto the eggs using special dyes, which are applied with a stylus and beeswax. The event will take place on Saturday, the day before Easter, at 1:00 PM.
- Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival - This Easter day parade has been an annual staple in the city for more than a century. What sets this parade apart from other parades - both Easter parades and parades in general - is that participants in the parade wear elaborately constructed hats that include hats in the shape of the Coney Island Cyclone and the NYC skyline. This tradition evolved from the earliest versions of the parade, in which high-society women would wear their Sunday best following church services. The parade will begin at 10:00 AM and will run until 4:00 PM. It will take place on Fifth Avenue, beginning at 49th Street and ending at 57th Street.
- The Amazing Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt - Easter just wouldn't be Easter without a scavenger hunt. This particular Easter egg scavenger hunt is perfect for a group of adult friends. You can join with up friends for $25 each and begin the hunt at Slattery's Midtown Pub at 2:00 PM. You will be provided clues as to where the eggs are. Winners will be given tickets to Shake Rattle & Roll, Quiet Clubbing in addition to other local activities.
- Macy's Flower Show - Head over to the Macy's on Herald Square in order to view their impressive two-week floral exhibition that is held on an annual basis. This year's flower show is called "America the Beautiful" and takes up the ground level of the Macy's department store, covering it from the floor to the ceiling in stunning greenery. What better way to mark the beginning of spring and to celebrate Easter than by enjoying this beautiful oasis in the middle of the city?
- Easter Brunch at A Voce Columbus - There are plenty of different spots around the city that will be offering special Easter brunch options. One place that you may want to consider is A Voce Columbus, an Italian restaurant located in the Upper West Side. They will be serving an Italian-style Easter brunch for $58 a person. The brunch will include three courses that include items such as Long Island duck ragu, njuda-topped pugliese mozzarella and ricotta cheesecake.
- Jacques Torres Chocolate - Want to fill up your kids' Easter baskets with delicious chocolate? Then visit Jacques Torres Chocolate, which is run by the self-proclaimed "Mr. Chocolate." Torres has garnered a reputation for his spiced hot chocolate, signature truffles and chocolate chip cookies.
These are just a few ideas to consider if you are looking for things to do in NYC on Easter Sunday. For more information about the area, be sure to contact the Stuyvesant Town leasing office today.