One of the biggest advantages to living in our Stuyvesant Town community is the fact that you'll never run out of things to do. Residents will never run out of places to explore around the city and get to look forward to all kinds of events held throughout the year. The following are a few of the events that you might want to check out this February:
- Lunar New Year Parade - The Chinese New Year is right around the corner, which means that many New Yorkers will be flocking down to Chinatown in order to catch a glimpse of the magnificent Lunar New Year Parade, which will boast dancers, dragons and firecrackers. The parade will begin at 1:00 PM in Chinatown on Sunday, February 14th. The parade will go down Mott St. from Canal St. and will continue on through East Broadway and up through Sara Roosevelt Park. The Chinese New Year celebrations will continue the following day from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Sara Roosevelt Park.
- Romance Under the Stars - Valentine's Day is on February 14th, which means that if you are looking to do something special with that special someone, you might want to grab tickets to the Romance Under the Stars event at the Hayden Planetarium, located in the American Museum of Natural History. The event starts off with a cocktail hour where you can enjoy an open bar along with chocolates and hors d'oeuvres, and then continues to the planetarium where you'll be told ancient love stories concerning the cosmos as you stare up at awe inducing night sky.
- Bright Star Musical - If you're fan of Broadway musicals, then you won't want to miss out on the upcoming opening of Bright Star. The musical concerns an epic tale of love and redemption taking place in the American South during the 1920's and 1940's. The musical's music, book and story are by the legendary comic, Steve Martin, while the musical itself is being directed by Walter Bobbie. Previews for the musical begin on February 25th.
- NYC Dinner Cruise - Looking to go out for dinner but want to experience something a little bit more unique this time around? Then buy tickets for a Manhattan Dinner Cruise, which consists of an incredible three-course dinner aboard a luxury yacht during which you'll be treated to romantic and stunning views of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Manhattan skyline, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. The cruise includes entertainment by a live DJ along with after dinner dancing along with a dessert station and premium bar upgrades.
- The Orchid Show - Get away from the city without leaving it by visiting the New York Botanical Garden's Orchid Show. The 14th annual Orchid Show will boast thousands of orchids and will offer you a chance to learn all about the history of orchids and orchid hunting. The Orchid Show runs from February 27th to April 17th.
- Dance on Camera Festival - The Dance on Camera Festival is a celebration of both dance and film. The festival was inaugurated in 1971 and is co-presented every year with the Film Society of Lincoln Center. It is the 44th year of the festival. The lineup will include films that explore dance as diverse as contemporary dance, jazz, ballet, postmodern dance and more. There will be a total of 20 feature films, 36 short films and four retrospectives along with numerous free panels. The festival runs from February 12th until February 16th.
These are just a sampling of events taking place in NYC this February. Contact us at our Stuyvesant Town community for information about our apartments today.