Residents of our Stuyvesant Town community never have to look far in order to find something to do nearby. The Big Apple is one of the most exciting cities in the world, which means there are countless activities and events to check out throughout the year. This is especially true during Halloween. Residents will find that there are tons of things to do on Halloween in NYC. The following are a few of the events that residents living in our Stuyvesant Town community can check out during Halloween in NYC:
- The Village Halloween Parade - Taking place on Halloween for the 42nd consecutive year, the Village Halloween Parade is the largest Halloween-themed parade that you'll find on Halloween Night in NYC. The parade will begin at 7:00 PM at 6th Avenue at Canal St. You can expect to see 53 different bands, hundreds of puppets, tons of dancers and artists, and - of course - thousands of dressed up New Yorkers.
- Luna Park's Halloween Harvest - This family-friendly event will take place on every weekend until November 1st. Families will be able to meet costumed characters, pick pumpkins and paint them, participate in Halloween-themed arts and crafts, check out the Monster Mash stage and much more. Be sure to drop by Jack's Pumpkin Shack to guess the weight of their giant pumpkin for a chance to win prizes worth upwards of $1,000.
- Merchant's House Museum Tour - Take a candlelight ghost tour of the Merchant's House Museum, which is considered one of the most haunted buildings in the city. Eight family members met their demise inside of this house and all of their funerals were held inside as well. You can take a 50-minute guided tour through the house on October 23rd, 24th, 28th, 29th and 30th at varying times. Tickets for the tour are $25 for the general public and $15 for members.
- Blood Manor - If you want to experience an absolutely terrifying haunted house, then be sure to attend the Blood Manor, which will be open until November 7th. You'll encounter everything from witches and zombies to possessed dolls and even maggot invasions. Located at the McKittrick Hotel, tickets are $30.
- The Blood Ball - This will be the second annual Blood Ball, which is hosted by the Delete Blood Cancer DKMS. All of the Blood Ball's proceeds will go towards bone marrow donor registration. The ball's theme for this year is "dark circus." The Blood Ball will be held on October 29th at The Box and tickets start at $250, which will include access to an open bar.
- Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade - This parade may not be as big as the Village Halloween Parade, but it's certainly one of the biggest Halloween dog parades! This is a great opportunity to dress your pup up - especially considering the $4,000 worth of prizes being given out. If you don't have a dog, then attend just to check out some of the creative dog costumes. You may even end up leaving with a dog since Friends of Animal Rescue, Bide-A-Wee, the Mayor's Alliance for New York City Animals and Grateful Greyhounds will all be present with dogs that need a new home. The event will take place at 12:00 PM at Tompkins Square Park on Saturday, October 24th.
Anyone that spends Halloween in NYC will have a blast, especially when considering that there are so many Halloween-themed events and activities to check out. For more information about things to do in NYC or about our apartment community, be sure to contact us at Peter Cooper Village Stuyvesant Town today.