Summer brings music to the New York City area and even as the summer fades, there is plenty of music to enjoy throughout the city. Whether you are looking for a summer concert series or you are just looking for summer concerts in NYC you can enjoy, this list of summer concerts is sure to please all types of music lovers.
Summer Concerts in NYC 2015
- Martin Luther King Jr. Concert Series - Hosted at Wingate Field this series includes performances on, July 27, August 3,10 and 17. All concerts are free and include several different music genres. You can find the full lineup here.
- Rumsey Playfield in Central Park will host Dr.John on August 1. If you enjoy New Orleans inspired music, including tributes to greats like Louis Armstrong then you will want to make sure you head to Central Park on August 1.
- If you enjoy taking in concerts at Central Park, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical will be performed on August 3. This musical covers the life and music of this amazing Brooklyn born artist. You can get more information including concert time here.
- Rufus King Park will hold the Jamaica Arts & Musical Festival on August 7-8. The festival is free and kicks off at 6 pm on August 7. There will be an Under the Stars Concert Series throughout the festival with jazz, R&B, rock and funk inspired tunes.
- The Today Concert Series at Rockefeller Center has bought some of the biggest names to NYC each summer. Shows are free, but it is advised that you get there early for a good spot. The series runs through till September 4 and the concert lineup can be seen on Today's website.
- Rumsey Playfield in Central Park is the location for the Good Morning America Summer Concert Series. These free morning concerts are the place to see some of your favorite artists. Doors open at 6 am and the lineup can be viewed online.
- The Madison Square Music Oval Lawn Series runs every Wednesday night through the summer. This series features a mix of genres performed by national touring acts and DJ's.
- Damrosch Park will host Lyle Lovett and His Large Band on August 9. With hits stretching from the 1980's through to his latest album in 2012, Lyle Lovett will perform his funky take on pop as part of the Lincoln Center Out of Doors Fest.
- The Jones Beach Concert Series runs through August with bands like Van Halen and Jimmy Buffet. This is the place to go if you are looking to see great artists in an amazing amphitheater. Ticket prices vary depending on the artist, the full schedule can be seen online.
This is a just a small look at all of the Summer Concerts in NYC you can catch through July and August. Whether you are looking for free concerts or you are longing to see that one artist, summer concerts in NYC are well worth exploring.