About The Fat Radish
Conveniently located at 17 Orchard St in the Lower East Side, The Fat Radish offers classic British cuisine and healthy vegetarian dishes using local farm-fresh ingredients. The Fat Radish has received positive reviews from the local press not just for the quality of their food but also the healthier options they offer. They have also received positive reviews from Zagat and the Michelin Guide as well. Aside from walk-up dining they also have reservations and offer arrangements for private events.
The Fat Radish menu offers a nice selection of vegetarian dishes with a few classic meat dishes for variety. The menu favors British cooking but also has a New American style to its offerings.
- Lunch: the lunch menu is a lighter menu offering a soup of the day, miso soba ramen, a kale and quinoa salad, falafel wraps, orecchiette kale pesto, a grilled cheese and tomato soup plate, and a roasted cauliflower sandwich. Also of note are roasted vegetable dishes such as roasted squash, warmed heirloom carrots, roasted beets with black rice, and heirloom cauliflower with curried beets. Meat offerings are a chicken paillard, beer battered fish & chips, and a cheddar cheeseburger. Separate side dishes are available including sliced avocados, applewood smoked bacon, duck fat fried chips, and more.
- Dinner: the dinner menu offers light snacks such as a cheese plate, oysters, and grilled cheese with pickles. Appetizers include caesar salads, roasted beet salads, celery pot pie, and other savory offerings. Plates offer an assortment of dishes such as red wattle pork chops, wild black bass, monkfish vindaloo, a bacon cheeseburger, and roasted dutch morgan chicken. Each plate comes with fresh vegetables and sides. Vegetable side dishes include sauteed broccoli rabe, duck fat chips, roasted eggplant, and roasted Brussel sprouts. Deserts such as pies, cake, and pastries are also available.
- Brunch: the cash only brunch menu is a selection of breakfast and lunch foods. Freshly baked offerings include scones, pumpkin bread, and donuts. For quick snacking oysters, grilled cheese and pickles, and freshly cut ruby grapefruit are offered. Plates include avocado and 7-grain toast with spicy eggs, quinoa with kale, roasted almonds, and eggs, lemon ricotta pancakes, a full English breakfast, celery root pot pie, smoked salmon with sides, and more. Separate sides include applewood bacon, eggs, sausage, toast with jam, and duck fat chips. Fresh juices including orange and grapefruit are offered alongside blends such as beet, celery, and apple, and kale, spinach, celery, apple, and ginger.
The Fat Radish is open during the following times:
- Monday: 5:30 pm to 12:00 am
- Tuesday through Fridays from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm, and 5:30 pm to 12:00 am
- Saturdays: 11:00 am to 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 12:00 am
- Sundays: 11:00 am to 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
The Fat Radish offers a unique dining experience for residents of the Stuyvesant Town no fee apartments and other nearby residents. If you are looking for a restaurant offering British food or simply want a restaurant with a healthy vegetarian selection The Fat Radish should be a resultant you consider.