Stuyvesant Town & Peter Cooper Village boasts five themed playgrounds for children ages 2 – 8 years, including trains, pirate ships, and “The Village,” with state-of-the-art play equipment and the most advanced safety features. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Plus, cool down in the summer with pulsating, timed sprinklers in select playgrounds.
Parties are allowed by reservation in Stuyvesant Town playgrounds 2, 3, & 4. Tables, chairs, music, or alcohol are never allowed inside the playground. Only one party is allowed at a time and the playground will remain open to other residents.
If you'd like to reserve a playground for a party, please call (212) 598-5296.
To ensure the enjoyment of the StuyTown (formerly known as PCVST) playgrounds for residents and their guests, the following policies have been established concerning playground access and must be adhered to at all times in all playgrounds throughout the property. These policies are IN ADDITION to the playground rules, which must also be observed.
- All residents, visitors, or occupants entering the playground must present a valid resident, visitor, or occupant badge.
- Playground Monitors will log the names of all residents, visitors, and occupants entering the playgrounds.
- The playground Guest Usage Policy is as follows:
- Each resident or occupant can have up to 4 identified guests.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any guests into playgrounds.
- All authorized guests (determined solely by Playground Monitor) must record their name and address with the Playground Monitor.
- Guest shall provide picture identification to Playground Monitors upon request or otherwise provide name and address to Playground Monitor. Residents and occupants are responsible for the behavior and actions of their guests.
- All users of the playground who do not have resident, visitor, or occupant badges, or are not guests of any resident or occupant in the playground are not permitted to use the playgrounds.
- Playground users should not leave belongings unattended.
- The above Playground Rules are in addition to regularly enforced rules including but not limited to No Bicycles, No Alcohol, and No Dogs.
All StuyTown (formerly known as PCVST) playgrounds, which are open from 9:15am to dusk weather permitting, are available to residents and their guests based on the Playground Access policy. The following rules apply to the various playgrounds. The rules are also posted outside each playground.
Playgrounds PCV 2, ST 2, 4, 8 and 12: Ages 2-8 years and all minors must be accompaned by an adult.
No Bicycles, Pets, Alcohol, Water Balloons, Freestanding Furniture or Equipment, Loitering, Skateboarding, Wheeled Toys, Active Sports, Smoking, and No Adults, except in the company of children.
Playgrounds PCV 1 and 3, ST 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11: All ages
No Bicycles, Pets, Alcohol, Water Balloons, Freestanding Furniture or Equipment, and No Loitering.
Please adhere to the following rules regarding resident usage of the Oval, during the open season.
- Red flag in the center of the Oval notifies residents that the area is temporarily closed due to inclement weather or maintenance
- White flags located on the east and west ends of the Oval indicate access points
- Evening Closings: The oval lawn and the playgrounds close at dusk. This closing does not affect the fountain and the oval plaza. These areas remain open after nightfall for resident use.