StuyTown is Pet-Friendly
StuyTown (formerly known as PCVST) is a pet-friendly property. Four-legged friends are most welcome, but to ensure the best possible living experience for all of our residents, we ask that ALL pet owners register their dogs and adhere strictly to our pet policies.
We are pleased to announce a new way of identifying registered dogs on property which will allow our Public Safety staff to easily recognize registered dogs and more effectively enforce StuyTown's dog policies. Management will be providing new lanyards which residents should now use with their Dog ID Tag on the end and clipped onto the handle of the leash so that it is easily visible. After April 30th, 2016, anyone walking a dog on property without a lanyard and tag will be escorted off of property, including dog walkers.
Lanyards and clips will be available for pickup at the Management Office at 276 1st Avenue Loop and Public Safety at 2 Stuyvesant Oval. If your dog is already registered, simply show your dog’s tag to the receptionist at either office and they’ll give you a lanyard, clip, and a few other dog goodies. If you have yet to register your dog, please see instructions below.
Register Your Pet
To register your dog, please submit the following documentation:
- Photo of your dog
- Basic information about your dog
Name, breed, present weight, mature weight, date of birth
- New York City Dog License
Click here to register your dog with NYC
- Rabies Certificate
Or authentication from your vet of the most recent rabies vaccination with the dates clearly visible
- Resident Access Card
Only the Tenant of Record is permitted to register your dog
You may scan the documents and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once received, we will send you a Pet Rider to sign and add to your Lease. Any questions or concerns? Please send us an email!
- Aggressive breeds are NOT allowed. Aggressive breeds include: Pit Bull, Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, or any breed the Management determines, in its sole discretion, to be aggressive. Any dog that is a mixed breed which includes an aggressive breed is not allowed.
- There is a weight limit of 50 pounds for each dog, unless there are two dogs. If there are two dogs in the apartment, their combined adult weight may not exceed 50 pounds. This restriction will be strictly enforced. Only two dogs shall be allowed in any one apartment, subject to the weight restriction.
- Dogs should be walked in designated areas, indicated in the following map: click here
- Keep your dog on a leash when it is in the public/common areas of any building or anywhere on the property. Leash may not be more than six-foot long (Section 161.05 NYC Health Code)
- Walk your dog on sidewalks and walkways. Dogs are not permitted on the grass, in the flower beds or on the playgrounds.
- Clean up after your pet (Section 1310 of the New York State Public Health Code)
- Register your pet using the information above.
- Train your dog so that it is accustomed to sharing tight spaces, encountering crowds, loud noise and other city distractions
- Pick up after your dog by always carrying a “baggie” or two when you walk your dog to pick up your dog’s waste. Cleaning up after your dog is NYC law
- Exercise your dog by taking your dog for a walk or to one of the local city dog runs. Follow all property pet regulations when walking your dog on the property
- Prevent nuisance barking by making sure your dog gets adequate exercise and is trained so that it can be left alone in your apartment
- Keep your dog’s NYC license and Rabies Vaccination records up to date
- Keep your dog on a leash when it is in the public/common areas of any building or anywhere on the Property. Leash may not be more than six-foot long. It’s NYC law
- Make sure that an ID tag with your name, address and phone number is affixed to your dog’s collar and is worn at all times